Friday, June 12, 2009

Five Senses Friday

HEAR

This beautiful song by the most amazing voice out there right now. I had privilege of hearing her live in NYC about a month ago. Gorgeous with a capital GORGEOUS.

The sound of my heart beating hard in my ears this morning. It let's me know I'm still alive and that can't be a bad thing!

SEE

The sun, right this minute, it just popped out. We haven't seen it all week and I was beginning to get desperate. It looks SO good.

This blog that made me laugh out loud several times yesterday.

And this idea that I'm going to use this weekend when we hike with some friends. I can't wait to see what the kids come up with.

SMELL

Honeysuckle. Hands down the best smell of spring. And with all this rain there is lots of it around. I just want to drink it up.

The Good Earth Lemongrass Lavender Lotion Bar I've been using on my hands. Mmmm.

TOUCH

My abs are sore. Really sore. But in a good way. My Total Body Workout instructor started incorporating some Pilates into our class and it is making a difference. I feel the changes in my body and I know that I might just look the best I've ever looked in my life. That feels good at 40!

TASTE

Red wine.

The vegetable casserole I keep making obsessively. It rocks the crock! (And it looks gorgeous, too.)

Oreos dipped in cold, cold milk. I haven't had them in a long time but there is a package sitting in my pantry for the kids and I might have to indulge in one today.

No comments: