Friday, October 23, 2009

five Senses Friday



Taste:

A half-and-half; half Stella Artois, half Guinness in a pint glass.

Fresh-cut Belgian fries with roasted red pepper aioli.

Nutella on graham crackers.

Yogi Lemon Ginger tea. (especially 'cause I like each little tea-bag message)


Touch:

C's little 8-year-old hand rubbing my back as I lay on the couch fighting this virus.

A few good hugs from Kim when she (all-too-briefly) came to visit yesterday.

A warm wool scarf, lent to me by a good friend, around my neck as I stood outside of school all afternoon.


See:

A "field" of pumpkins for the kids at school to "pick" today.

The photos of Julia Margaret Cameron, which NEVER cease to amaze and inspire me.


Smell:

Vick VapoRub for my aching chest.

That unmistakable earthy scent of fall leaves (see sound also).


Sound:

Storytellers weaving their magic last night here.

The fall leaves crunching under my shoes.

A turkey and stuffing potpie for dinner tonight from this awesome shoppe.

This song on REPEAT in my car these days.

No comments: